Here is the challenge…
For the next 30 days, practice the 7 strategies below and see how it positively shifts your perspective and increases your happiness. Here are a few strategies that will set you up for success:
- Start writing a journal– highlight your key successes throughout the day as well as what a successful day would look like. Once I started looking at success, I was drawn to success.
- Read Uplifting Information– I used to take the train every morning and read a book on my way to work. Occasionally a newspaper will be sitting around and I’ll always open up and read the sports section first. A friend once asked why I read the sports section first and I told him “when I wake up, I’d much rather read about mans accomplishments then mans failures.” So, read a book or listen to a cd that inspires you and positively affects your spirit.
- Write a Gratitude List– Gratitude in my attitude always helps me with my day. Sometimes the adversities in life are so acute, that they seem unbearable. To change this outlook, sit down and take time to write down the things in your life that you appreciate, make you happy and are grateful for. Whenever I write a gratitude list, my perspective usually changes for the positive.
- Smile and Laugh – its a biological fact that laughter boosts the immense system, releases endorphins and improves blood flow to the heart. So laugh and smile more and if you can try and make someone else laugh and smile as well!
- Help Someone– Take on the responsibility of being a mentor or a coach. Being of service to someone else often triggers the most rewarding and soul satisfying feelings inside. Helping others takes us outside of ourselves and our own motives.
- THANK YOU– Take time to visit, call or write someone and tell them thank you. I take time to thank mentors, family members and friends for the positive influence they have had on me. They appreciate it and you will feel good about doing it.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People– The people you spend the most time with are the ones that influence you the most!
You’ll be amazed at the results you get from practicing these principles for 30 straight days. “Change your perspective and you will change your reality”
The Devon Bandison Company
We had a lot of fun in our interview with Christopher Lewis of Dads of Divas. To see the Dads In The Limelight interview, check it out here:
I’m excited to announce that TEDx Boca Raton has asked me to speak at their event on March 26, 2015. Check out this link for the amazing list of speakers:
If you haven’t heard to TED Talks, here’s is a brief description and link:
Our Mission: Spread ideas
TED is a global community, welcoming people from every discipline and culture who seek a deeper understanding of the world. We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world. On TED.com, we’re building a clearinghouse of free knowledge from the world’s most inspired thinkers — and a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other, both online and at TED and TEDx events around the world, all year long.
It is an honor to be asked to speak and I’m looking forward to it!
See you in Boca Raton next March!
“Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”
― William Faulkner
I want to thank all of the readers and followers of the NowLegacy Blog. Your feedback has been tremendous and this community continues to inspire me everyday.
The NowLegacy Blog is set up as platform to help inspire this community to live a legacy… A legacy of leadership…A legacy of greatness…A legacy of purpose.
So I’m excited to announce that the NowLegacy Blog will now live in The Devon Bandison Company website:
NowLegacy readers… Please go to www.devonbandison.com now and sign up for the free newsletter. You will be the first to get blog posts, news, content, and tools to create a legacy of greatness.
The NowLegacy community is a community of leaders, fathers, parents, professionals and individual achievers who want to have it all. Our readers want to be successful both personally and professionally. To be the best version of themselves and live a life of connection and purpose.
I look forward to helping continue to build this great community with you..