Fatherhood is a huge responsibility with the greatest of rewards. As a father of three beautiful children and someone who works with fathers, I see the magic of fatherhood on a daily basis. I’ve come to realize that:
Fatherhood is leadership!
It is one of the highest forms of leadership. And just like leadership, fatherhood is not about a title or position. Fatherhood is an action and example of how one life can influence another.
Here are 5 of my favorite leadership quotes as it applies to fatherhood:
1. “Become the type of father that your children will follow voluntarily, even if you had no title or authority”
2. “Before you become a father, success is about growing yourself. When you become a father, success is all about growing others”
3. “A father will take his children where they want to go. A great father will take his children where they don’t necessarily want to go, but need to be”
4. “Great fathers are almost always great simplifiers who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand”
5. “Fathers inspire their children to dream more, learn more, do more and become more”
What does it mean to you?