Here is the challenge…
For the next 30 days, practice the 7 strategies below and see how it positively shifts your perspective and increases your happiness. Here are a few strategies that will set you up for success:
- Start writing a journal– highlight your key successes throughout the day as well as what a successful day would look like. Once I started looking at success, I was drawn to success.
- Read Uplifting Information– I used to take the train every morning and read a book on my way to work. Occasionally a newspaper will be sitting around and I’ll always open up and read the sports section first. A friend once asked why I read the sports section first and I told him “when I wake up, I’d much rather read about mans accomplishments then mans failures.” So, read a book or listen to a cd that inspires you and positively affects your spirit.
- Write a Gratitude List– Gratitude in my attitude always helps me with my day. Sometimes the adversities in life are so acute, that they seem unbearable. To change this outlook, sit down and take time to write down the things in your life that you appreciate, make you happy and are grateful for. Whenever I write a gratitude list, my perspective usually changes for the positive.
- Smile and Laugh – its a biological fact that laughter boosts the immense system, releases endorphins and improves blood flow to the heart. So laugh and smile more and if you can try and make someone else laugh and smile as well!
- Help Someone– Take on the responsibility of being a mentor or a coach. Being of service to someone else often triggers the most rewarding and soul satisfying feelings inside. Helping others takes us outside of ourselves and our own motives.
- THANK YOU– Take time to visit, call or write someone and tell them thank you. I take time to thank mentors, family members and friends for the positive influence they have had on me. They appreciate it and you will feel good about doing it.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People– The people you spend the most time with are the ones that influence you the most!
You’ll be amazed at the results you get from practicing these principles for 30 straight days. “Change your perspective and you will change your reality”
The Devon Bandison Company